SEATTLE - The Seattle Seahawks have reached an agreement with Pro Bowl kicker Jason Myers, according to Dianna Russini, of ESPN.
The reported deal is the Seahawks' first move of free agency this season. Russini reports Myers agreed to a four-year contract worth $15 to $16 million.
Myers spent the 2018 offseason on the Seahawks' roster and was waived in training camp in favor of Sebastian Janikowski.
After being waived by the Seahawks, Myers was claimed by the New York Jets and went on to make 33 of 36 field goal attempts and 30 of 33 extra point attempts last season.
He was named to the AFC Pro Bowl roster for his performance.
Myers joins Sam Ficken as the second kicker on the Seahawks' roster.
The Seahawks are expected to sign kicker Jason Myers on a 4 year deal worth 15-16 million dollars per source.— Dianna Russini (@diannaESPN) March 13, 2019
More news from KIRO 7
- AirPods, other wireless headphones could pose cancer risk, scientists warn
- Family claims Pierce County medical examiner should not have ruled son's death a suicide
- 2 men die after falling through icy pond in Whatcom County
- Operation Varsity Blues: 5 things to know about the college cheating scandal
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.