FEDERAL WAY, Wash. - Troopers say as many as five cars were involved in a crash on northbound I-5 in Federal Way Monday morning.
It happened on northbound I-5 at South 272nd Street in Federal Way some time before 10 a.m.
Video from a Washington State Department of Transportation camera showed two vehicles in the HOV lane and shoulder. Multiple fire, police and WSDOT vehicles were also at the scene.
As of 10:25 a.m., one car was towed from the scene and the fire engines had departed.
The HOV lane and at least one other lane were closed while officers investigate.
Troopers say the crash involved a black Lexus that was traveling at a high rate of speed.
It is not yet known if anyone was hurt or if anyone was arrested in connection with the crash.
The crash has since been cleared.
More news from KIRO 7
- Krispy Kreme tells college student it's time to stop reselling the doughnuts
- 2 children killed, 1 injured in fire at Lynnwood apartment, fire officials say
- Armed suspect killed in officer-involved shooting in Parkland, deputies say
- Washington State Patrol investigating homicide in Olympia
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.