TACOMA, Wash. — Authorities are investigating a fatal officer-involved shooting in the parking lot of Tacoma’s Emerald Queen Casino Tuesday morning.
The shooting, which happened at about 1 a.m. Tuesday, involved a Puyallup Tribal Police officer and a possible suspect. The possible suspect was fatally shot.
Puyallup Tribal police released the following statement.
KIRO 7 News video from the scene showed a Puyallup Tribal Police cruiser with a smashed front end. A light pole at the scene was also damaged.
After a short time at the scene, our news team was told to leave the property.
More news from KIRO 7
- Police, FBI investigating fatal incident outside Emerald Queen Casino
- Seahawks owner Paul Allen dies at age 65
- Seattle business owners fed up with problems stemming from homeless crisis
- MISSING WOMAN: Woman missing from Pierce County under suspicious circumstances
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2020 Cox Media Group