TACOMA, Wash. - Authorities are investigating a fatal officer-involved shooting in the parking lot of Tacoma’s Emerald Queen Casino Tuesday morning.
The shooting, which happened at about 1 a.m. Tuesday, involved a Puyallup Tribal Police officer and a possible suspect. The possible suspect was fatally shot.
Puyallup Tribal police released the following statement.
“There was an officer-involved shooting by Puyallup Tribal Police which resulted in a fatality. The Puyallup Tribal Police called in an independent, outside agency – the FBI – which is the protocol for dealing with an incident of this nature on federal trust property. An officer has been put on paid-administrative leave which is standard operating procedure. We will refer all further media queries to the FBI.”
KIRO 7 News video from the scene showed a Puyallup Tribal Police cruiser with a smashed front end. A light pole at the scene was also damaged.
After a short time at the scene, our news team was told to leave the property.
More news from KIRO 7
- Police, FBI investigating fatal incident outside Emerald Queen Casino
- Seahawks owner Paul Allen dies at age 65
- Seattle business owners fed up with problems stemming from homeless crisis
- MISSING WOMAN: Woman missing from Pierce County under suspicious circumstances
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.