LAKE STEVENS, Wash. - A plan to open a new Costco warehouse is raising concerns for some in Snohomish County.
The site of the proposed store is at the intersection of State Route 9 and 20th Street Southeast in Lake Stevens.
It would be 170,000 square feet, with 850 parking spaces and a 30-pump gas station, according to the Herald.
Two new public roads would be built to help accommodate traffic.
During a public comment period, some expressed concerns about increased traffic, environmental impact and the location being near homes.
A public meeting concerning the store was being held Thursday at the Lake Stevens Fire Department Conference Center, 10518 18th St. SE.
Representatives from Lake Stevens and Costco were in attendance.
More news from KIRO 7
- Man arrested in 2009 disappearance of Thurston County mother
- Toxic plant that causes blindness, 3rd degree burns spotted in Clark County
- Police seek additional victims after 21-year-old arrested on suspicion of child rape
- Investigation underway after barista stabbed in grocery store
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.