EVERETT, Wash. - Update: Everett police reported 24-year-old Thomas Dowell has been found safe.
Original story: Everett police are asking for help in finding a 24-year-old with autism spectrum disorder.
Police said Thomas “Tom” Dowell left his home in the 1700 block of Wetmore Avenue overnight Wednesday into Thursday.
Dowell is said to have the mental capacity of a 5-to-10-year-old, officials said.
Dowell is described as being 6 feet tall and weighing 270 pounds, with curly brown hair and a scruffy beard.
Members of Dowell’s family told police they believe he walked away from home without wearing proper clothing for the weather.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Fatal motorcycle crash snarls I-5 traffic in Downtown Seattle
- Driver in stolen vehicle causes crash near Renton
- Washington students will skip school Friday for youth climate strike
- Unvaccinated kids: Schools in Western Washington most at risk for measles
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
Police said he is believed to be wearing black clothing and black boots. His pants may be several sizes too large.
Dowell can talk but does not like to talk to people he doesn’t know, officials said. They said he likes video games and ninja-type weapons and is likely to be carrying a gray duffel bag.
Anyone with information on Dowell’s whereabouts is asked to call 911.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.