SEATTLE - One person has been killed in a crash on northbound I-5 in Downtown Seattle.
It happened about 5:45 a.m. Thursday at Mercer Street. The three left lanes were blocked until 8:45 a.m., when the crash scene was cleared. At one point, traffic was backed up for at least 7 miles.
A motorcylist was killed. Troopers say no other vehicles were involved and it appeared that speed may have been a factor in the crash.
More news from KIRO 7
- Family claims Pierce County medical examiner should not have ruled son's death a suicide
- Students loot Art Institute of Seattle classrooms as school suddenly shuts down
- Prime suspect for 1988 murder is academic advisor at Western Washington University, CBS reports
- Unvaccinated kids: Schools in Western Washington most at risk for measles
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.