RENTON, Wash. - Tears and hugs punctuated an emotional vigil Saturday for two friends who vanished while enjoying a night on Lake Washington.
A couple hundred people gathered at Renton's Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park.
On Monday, James Le and Vanna Nguyen launched their boat but never returned.
Le's sister spoke at the vigil: "My faith is in him and the example that he set for us. He lived life so fully."
Investigators believe Le and Nguyen decided to get off the boat and into the water Monday night before they vanished.
Their boat was later found running with cold drinks and their cellphones onboard.
More news from KIRO 7
- 2,200 lightning strikes recorded in Western Washington during Saturday night storm
- Storm moves through Western Washington
- Teen killed in accidental shooting, deputies say
- Planes to land at Sea-Tac Airport diverted due to storm
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.