LYNNWOOD, Wash. - A 15-year-old is dead after investigators said he accidentally shot himself Saturday in Lynnwood.
Officials with the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office said deputies were called to the shooting, which was reported just after 4 p.m. at 2500 204th Place SW.
When deputies arrived at the scene, they found the boy with a gunshot wound and performed lifesaving measures but he was pronounced dead, officials said.
An initial investigation determined that the boy was playing with a gun and accidentally shot himself, investigators said.
KIRO 7 spoke with a mom of a teen who was friends with the boy who died, and she said this, "It's a terrible situation, a 15-year-old kid who has life ahead of him to end his life in such a tragic way, unnecessary."
People who knew the teen said he was a sophomore in high school.
Deputies said the Major Crimes Unit was called to investigate. They're trying to figure out where the gun came from.
The Snohomish County Medical Examiner's Office confirmed Tuesday that the boy was Zae'Shaun M. Easton. His cause of death was a gunshot wound, and manner of death was determined to be an accident.
More news from KIRO 7
- Teen shot, killed in Lynnwood
- WATCH: Iron Maiden lead singer says Tacoma security guards beat fan, officials share other side
- Mom confronts stranger asking to see her daughter
- Teens arrested for shooting death of Tacoma boy on his porch
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.