A 62-year-old Everett man died Tuesday night in a boat crash in Port Angeles, police said.
At about 9:45 p.m., police responded to a report of a boating accident south of the east end of Ediz Hook Road.
Investigators said officers discovered a small boat had struck a salmon pen.
Police said the boat operator, whom they identified as Robert R. Elliot, was killed in the crash.
Three passengers, two men and a boy, were able to get to a nearby dock.
Police believe the boaters stayed out after dark and realized the lights on the boat didn’t work.
Investigators said alcohol consumption may have been a factor in the crash.
The United States Coast Guard and the Clallam County Sheriff’s Office are assisting Port Angeles police in the investigation.
More news from KIRO 7
- Murder of 3-year-old boy connected to Burien police shootout
- Teen dies following drive-by shooting in Tacoma
- 1 teen killed, 3 others hospitalized after violent crash into tree
- Democratic presidential debate 2019: 5 memorable moments from Tuesday's matchup
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.