LEWIS COUNTY, Wash. - Detectives with the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office are investigating after human remains were found Sunday morning in the South Chehalis area.
A man who called detectives told them he discovered the remains while looking for recyclable refuse in the 1900 block of Centralia Alpha Road, authorities said.
The Lewis County Coroner’s Office and detectives are investigating the cause and manner of death.
Officials said they are attempting to identify the deceased and did not provide any further details.
Anyone with information about the remains is asked to call the Sheriff’s Office at 360-748-9286 or call Lewis County Communications at 360-740-1105.
More news from KIRO 7
- Real-Time traffic updates: Drivers face icy commute
- Student reports bullying to school counselor, threatens suicide; Parents not notified
- Western Washington in deep freeze after snowfall
- Deputies arrest suspect who barricaded himself inside Subway
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.