Troopers are investigating after a semi-truck fell from Interstate 5 to the street below in Lakewood on Thursday evening.
Lakewood police said semi was traveling on northbound I-5 and fell onto 96th Street.
According to troopers, the driver may have fallen asleep at the wheel.
The driver was injured and no other vehicles were involved.
The semi lost its load, which troopers said it was carrying food products.
Police said 96th Street was closed between Front and Hosmer streets.
More news from KIRO 7
- Reward for info leading to missing Bonney Lake teen increases to $5,000
- Fight at Lake Stevens park caught on camera
- DEA 'waiting for analysis': Kratom may soon be banned
- Skagit County golf course vandalized
- Tacoma Mall's Sears on latest list of store closings
Cox Media Group