TACOMA, Wash. - Lincoln High School is on modified lockdown Thursday morning after a social media threat of violence was made against the school.
The News Tribune reported that additional officers were stationed at the school as a precaution and classroom doors are closed and locked.
"We take all threats seriously," Tacoma Public Schools Communications Director Dan Voelpel said in an email.
The News Tribune said a parent reported the threat overnight to the Police Department.
The newspaper also said it received an email from an unidentified email address Thursday that said, "Somebody has written on bathroom wall at Lincoln HS in Tacoma that there will be a mass shooting at 1030." The email was reported to the Police Department.
Police are investigating the incident.
More news from KIRO 7
- Thousand Oaks shooting: 12 killed, including deputy, at California bar; suspect also dead
- Radio tower burning near Tiger Mountain
- Seattle adding public toilet to Ballard park for $550,000
- HOV cheater hot spots: Where you're most likely to get caught
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.