Eastside fire responded to a radio tower fire in the foothills near Tiger Mountain.
KIRO 7 first heard about the fire around 7 a.m. Thursday.
The tower is at least 200 feet tall and the transmitter at the top was burning.
Firefighters say the area where the tower is located is very difficult to access and they had to search for a way to reach the tower.
The fire was reported to be out, with no smoke or flames visible, shortly before 8 a.m.
The tower transmits FM radio station 94.1 The Sound.
Firefighters say there was no danger that anything around it could catch fire.
More news from KIRO 7
- Two men shot at Kent scrap metal yard
- Seattle adding public toilet to Ballard park for $550,000
- Washington gun initiative passes
- Jurors convict dad under an hour in baby's diaper rash death
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.