Marysville police are hoping new pictures and video will help catch the driver who they say hit and killed a man last month, then fled the scene.
Matthew Colson, 24, was crossing 64th Street Northeast on Feb. 16 when he was struck by a hit-and-run driver. He died from his injuries.
Witnesses could only describe the vehicle that left the scene as a dark-colored SUV.
On Wednesday, police released pictures and video of the vehicle, hoping to get some clues as to its make and model.
"We brought a bunch of people together and split up into teams, two-person teams, and started canvassing these neighborhoods for cameras and also handed out flyers," said Detective Chris Jones, with the Marysville Police Department.
Last week, the Marysville Police Department released surveillance images and asked for the public's help in identifying three people who they say are possible witnesses in the fatal crash.
Anyone with more information on the case is asked to contact Jones at 360-363-8327.
More news from KIRO 7
- Family claims Pierce County medical examiner should not have ruled son's death a suicide
- Students loot Art Institute of Seattle classrooms as school suddenly shuts down
- Prime suspect for 1988 murder is academic advisor at Western Washington University, CBS reports
- Unvaccinated kids: Schools in Western Washington most at risk for measles
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.