BELLEVUE, Wash. — A wrongful death lawsuit has been filed in King County Superior Court on behalf of the family of a Bellevue man who was killed in a street sweeper accident in Bellevue in 2018.
Alexandru Culai, 44, was hit and killed by a street sweeper in Bellevue’s Spring District on 120th Avenue Northeast at Northeast 12th Street just before 11 a.m. Feb. 19, 2018.
Culai was originally from Moldova and was a musician and music teacher. Culai’s wife was eight months pregnant when he was killed. He also left behind two children from a previous marriage.
The complaint alleges that the driver of the street sweeper failed to operate the vehicle in a safe manner and failed to keep a proper lookout and/or watch of the vehicle's backup camera.
A trial date has been set for March 2020 and KIRO 7 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
More news from KIRO 7
- Amber Alert issued for 5-year-old boy in Spokane Valley
- Senator apologizes for remarks about nurses ‘playing cards’
- ’Gruesome’: Man found dead in apartment near Lynnwood
- Amazon expected to close on mega real estate deal in Bellevue
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cox Media Group