BELLEVUE, Wash. - A pedestrian was killed after they were hit by a street sweeper in Bellevue's Spring Districton 120th Avenue Northeast at Northeast 12th Street shortly before 11 a.m. Monday.
On Tuesday, the King County Medical Examiner identified 44-year-old Alexandru (Alexander) Culai as the victim. Culai was originally from Moldova, and was a musician and music teacher. Bellevue Police are investigating to see if he was kneeling down to tie his shoe before he was run over.
The location where Culai was hit is adjacent to a large construction site where an apartment building is being built.
The street sweeper was working in a closed lane of traffic and backed over a pedestrian who walked into the area.
More news from KIRO 7
- Suspect fatally shot by Seattle officer after crime spree
- WATCH: Fergie's national anthem performance at the NBA All-Star Game baffles viewers
- Woman in home hit by gunfire in drive-by shooting
- 14-year-old girl found 5 months after disappearance
- Study finds Atlantic salmon that escaped from Cypress Island pen were diseased
© 2018 Cox Media Group.