MOSES LAKE, Wash. — A 19-year-old woman who bragged on a police department’s Facebook page about getting away with a crime has been arrested.
Officers with the Moses Lake Police Department in Washington say the woman, who they identify as Kayla Irizzary, was contacted as a passenger during a traffic stop. She was released from the scene with no legal reason for officers to detain her, police said.
Later, a search warrant on the vehicle revealed a purse containing the woman's identification and a pistol, which Irizzary is not eligible to possess as "she is a prolific felon," police said.
Police couldn’t immediately re-locate her for an arrest.
Then, police say Irizzary went on the Moses Lake Police Department’s Facebook page and bragged about “getting away.”
Police said they set up a meeting with her using social media. She showed up but took off on foot when she realized it was a setup.
Police said she was captured and booked into Grant County Jail on charges of unlawful possession of a firearm and possession of heroin.
Both charges were from the original incident.
More news from KIRO 7
- One killed, one injured in mountain lion attack near North Bend
- Other notable mountain lion run-ins in Pacific Northwest history
- Photos: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle marry at Windsor Castle
- California woman reunited with man she found buried alive as baby
- Seattle Space Needle renovation nears completion
© 2019 Cox Media Group