Officials with the Washington State Department of Transportation said crews had a busy Wednesday morning clearing snow from U.S. 97 at Blewett Pass.
The highway was closed for about four hours because of heavy snow, poor visibility and multiple spinouts, officials said.
After the disabled vehicles were cleared, officials said crews were able to get the road plowed and back open.
WSDOT said it will continue to be a busy holiday for all of its road workers, especially those who work on the passes. They are asking drivers to help out and give road crews "as much room as possible and slow down around them."
More news from KIRO 7
- Black bear approaches visitors at wildlife refuge, pats woman on back of head
- Defense attorney attacked outside King County Courthouse
- Seahawks to wear Action Green, with a twist, on Monday Night Football
- Geoffrey's back: Toys R Us reopens first store
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.