SEATAC, Wash. — King County deputies say a homeowner fatally shot a suspect who broke into a home in SeaTac.
The shooting happened in the 17600 block of 38th Avenue South Thursday morning.
Police say a man was at home with his children when he heard sounds of someone trying to break in through the back door.
The homeowner armed himself and shot the intruder, who by that time had entered the home.
The burglar then staggered out of the home and into the back yard, where he died.
Police say another suspect is at large. A K-9 unit is attempting to track that suspect.
- Student killed, 3 hurt in shooting at Spokane County high school; suspect in custody
- Who fills the Seattle mayoral vacancy? Here's what to know
- Marshawn Lynch to star in Facebook reality show
- PHOTOS: Student killed, at least 3 injured in school shooting near Spokane
- WATCH: Chain Saw Wielding Nun Helps Clean Up Irma Aftermath
Cox Media Group