KENT, Wash. — Two suspects were injured in a shootout with undercover officers in Kent Friday night.
Shots were exchanged in a Lowe's parking lot.
Officials said Friday there was an ATF operation underway, joint with local and federal law enforcement officers.
Police said undercover officers had arranged to buy illegal guns from a seller.
The suspects tried to rob the undercover officers during the arranged sale.
A shootout then occurred, near the Lowe's at 24030 Pacific Hwy S. in Kent.
Police units were on the scene around 6:30 p.m.
One suspect was taken to a hospital with life-threatening injuries, police said.
Another suspect was injured after fleeing and being struck by a car.
All of the involved officers are OK.
This is a developing story; check back for updates.
Other KIRO 7 content
- Mother, 1-year-old lose limbs trying to crawl under train
- Study suggests people may be aware they have died after death
- Passport to fly domestically? What Washington residents need to know
- Kitsap County school district seeking protection order against community member
- NOAA forecasters say it could be another La Nina Winter
© 2020 Cox Media Group