LONG BEACH, Wash. - Police say they have found and detonated two bombs left in downtown Long Beach, Washington.
The Chinook Observer reports the devices were found on Monday after receiving a report of a suspicious bag left near public restrooms. Police Officer Jeff Cutting found the bag contained jars filled with a gelatin material and wires.
He asked dispatch to contact the State Patrol Bomb squad, which arrived four hours later.
The bombs contained shrapnel, gunshot shells and rat poison, Cutting said. They were buried in the ground and detonated.
More news from KIRO 7
- Police say 3 killed in violent crash caused by DUI suspect
- Woman jailed for Facebook post criticizing ex-husband, a deputy sheriff in Georgia
- Marysville mom will be deported, separated from three daughters
- With family returning to Mexico, man wants northwest judge to deport him
- Bremerton woman fights off man trying to steal truck with child inside
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.