KIRKLAND, Wash. — Some drivers on a stretch of I-405 in Kirkland had a rough commute Tuesday morning.
About 20 people reported getting flat tires in the southbound lanes near Northeast 116th Street, according to the Washington State Department of Transportation.
WSDOT said the culprit was some kind of metal debris that may have come from an unsecured load.
Multiple cars were forced to pull over, causing a large backup all the Way to the Alderwood Mall.
The debris has since been cleaned up.
About 20 cars have reported flat tires on SB I-405 near NE 116th Street. We suspect unknown debris from a load that was NOT secured. Another reason why securing your property to your vehicle is a MUST. pic.twitter.com/M5KqmGEAdB— WSDOT Traffic (@wsdot_traffic) February 11, 2020
More news from KIRO 7
- Mother of 5 dies after 4 days of solitary confinement at SCORE (GRAPHIC WARNING)
- Woman killed in Lakewood robbery
- Metal debris on I-405 flattens tires in Kirkland
- Former ‘Nanny McPhee’ child star Raphael Coleman dies at 25
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2020 Cox Media Group