A Lake Stevens man who spent months chopping firewood for people in need says he’s being fined by the city.
Shane McDaniel had posted on social media about his efforts, including a video of the wood on the property.
$245,000.00 IN FINES BY CHRISTMAS DAY FOR SPLITTING WOOD FOR CHARITY 😔 CITY OFFICIALS ARE HITTING ME WITH 70K a MONTH...Posted by Shane McDaniel on Wednesday, October 23, 2019
City officials said the firewood blocks access to the property and poses a danger.
“I applaud and respect him for this charitable cause,” the city said
The city of Lake Stevens said it had contacted McDaniel in July about the issue and to distribute the firewood. However, the city said its requests have been ignored.
More news from KIRO 7
- Bed Bath & Beyond removes black jack-o'-lanterns after some say it resembles blackface
- Clapping is now considered anxiety trigger, 'jazz hands' to replace applause at Oxford
- Police: Officers shoot man armed with knife in Aberdeen
- Hundreds of drivers flood tire centers after running over screws near Port Angeles
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cox Media Group