Kids sent home after electric unicycle fire at Federal Way elementary school

Children at a Federal Way elementary school had an exciting day when firefighters responded to a fire with an electric unicycle, according to South King Fire.

On Thursday, firefighters responded to an exploding lithium-ion battery in an electric unicycle.

According to photos from the scene, the fire may have started inside a school hallway.

According to South King Fire, the fireball covered a 25-foot radius. There was minor damage to the school.

Firefighters noted it may take a long time to air out the building.

There were no injuries.

Children were evacuated, given plastic fire hats, and sent home for the day.

The school was not identified.