Earlier this year, they rejected raising the county sales tax to fund art, science, and cultural programs, but King County voters seem to have no problem raising property taxes to fund social services.
Proposition 1 will increase taxes by 10 cents per $1,000 of assessed property value. The levy will raise about $345 million over six years to fund services for the homeless, seniors, and veterans.
According to initial election results, Prop. 1 has an approval rating of 66 percent. It’s likely that it will pass.
The tax measure on the ballot for King County failed in August.
- Starbucks opens first Italian bakery in Seattle
- Seattle police searching for missing woman believed to be in danger
- Missing person killed in Bothell crash
- Live Updates: 45th District Senate race, Dhingra vs. Englund
- Actor Corey Feldman details Hollywood pedophilia ring to LAPD
© 2018 Cox Media Group.