LOS ANGELES - Drew Brees is expected to miss multiple weeks after injuring his thumb in Sunday's loss against the Los Angeles Rams, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Schefter reports Brees will undergo surgery as early as Monday and is expected to miss about six weeks -- starting with this weekend's game against the Seahawks.
The Saints traveled to Seattle following Sunday's game and will practice here all week, but Brees remained in Los Angeles to meet with a hand specialist.
Teddy Bridgewater, who filled in for Brees on Sunday, is expected to start against the Seahawks. The Saints also have quarterback Taysom Hill on their active roster.
Bridgewater finished Sunday's game completing 17 of 30 passes, for 165 yards with no touchdowns and no interceptions.
The Seahawks are coming off a 28-26 victory over the Steelers in Pittsburgh led by a 300 yard, three touchdown performance by Russell Wilson.
Sunday's game against the Saints kicks off at 1:25 p.m. at CenturyLink Field and will air on KIRO 7.
More Seahawks news from KIRO 7
- Seahawks' D.K. Metcalf surprises local teachers with $200 gift cards
- Russell Wilson on D.K. Metcalf: ‘He can be a Hall of Famer if he wants to be'
- Doug Baldwin moving his focus from football to philanthropy
- Seahawks acquire DE Jadeveon Clowney from Houston Texans
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.