Seattle police arrested some thieves who they say were trying steal "in bulk" from Costco. Seattle police put an end to the shoplifting spree as dash cameras and body cams recorded.
Loss-prevention officers recognized what was going on inside the Costco store around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday and called police.
The suspects were gathering up laptops and other items, preparing to escape out a fire exit. A getaway driver was waiting outside.
Police got in position and waited until the would-be thieves came through the fire doors.
Police arrested the 30-year-old man and 21-year-old woman. The 18-year-old getaway driver was also arrested.
Investigators believe they hit a different Costco earlier the same day-- -stealing more than $2,000 worth of electronics.
Loss-prevention officers told detectives they'd had run-ins with one of the suspects before and he'd had a knife with a seven-inch blade in his pocket.
Officers say the suspect had the knife when he was arrested Wednesday, as well. He was booked for investigation of robbery, and the women were booked for investigation of theft. They were all taken to the King County Jail.
More news from KIRO 7
- Teen's party causes $20,000 in damage to rental house
- One dead in crash with semi-truck in Federal Way
- Police arrest suspect in killing of Tacoma cab driver
- WA Lottery lists Puget Sound's 'luckiest stores' as Powerball Jackpot rises to $455M
- Some South Sound students punished for participating in school walkout
© 2019 Cox Media Group.