TUKWILA, Wash. — A man driving a stolen red car was arrested by police after he crashed and flipped the car in the 5200 block of South 144th Street Thursday, the Tukwila Police Department said.
Law enforcement officials said officers were responding to an unrelated call when the man appeared to get a “case of paranoia,” and looked in the mirror, saw police coming with sirens and lights and then sped off.
Officials said instead of playing it cool and pulling over for an emergency vehicle, officers saw the stolen car strike a black car a few blocks away, which caused the stolen car to roll over.
The man tried to get away on foot, but was caught by an officer, law enforcement officials said.
Police said no one was injured.
More news from KIRO 7
- Woman says her Amazon device recorded private conversation, sent it out to random contact
- Identity of mystery man 'Kenny' revealed
- South Sound 5th-grader takes his own life, parents urged to talk to kids about suicide
- Scientists discover opioids in some Puget Sound mussels
- Police: Driver sees 'black object' in air on I-5, finds gun stuck in front of his car
© 2020 Cox Media Group