LAKEWOOD, Wash. - Police said a driver on I-5 saw a "black object" moving through the air and when he pulled over miles later, he found a gun stuck in the front of his car.
The driver continued for about 18 miles after the object struck his car, Washington Trooper Guy Gill said, and then stopped for gas.
Photos show a gun lodged into the front of the driver’s car.
“This is a first,” Gill said, tweeting the photo.
The gun was recovered and turned over to Lakewood police.
More news from KIRO 7
- Woman says her Amazon device recorded private conversation, sent it out to random contact
- Identity of mystery man 'Kenny' revealed
- Scientists discover opioids in some Puget Sound mussels
- South Sound 5th-grader takes his own life, parents urged to talk to their kids about suicide
- "Tone Deaf" - Seahawks' Doug Baldwin rips new NFL anthem policy
© 2019 Cox Media Group.