The Seattle Foundation’s GIVEBIG campaign marks its final year on May 9th by crossing the $100 million mark in total donations since 2011.
The effort inspired thousands of people across the Greater Seattle to donate to their favorite nonprofits, discover new causes to support, and make a positive impact on our community through online giving.
In eight years, GIVEBIG generated more than 400,000 individual donations to nearly 1,600 different organizations.
A list of KIRO 7 CARES partners is below with links to their GIVEBIG pages.
You can schedule a donation early at givebigseattle.org, or wait until May 9 and join the celebration with the online and non-profit communities in real time. Donations as small as $10 are accepted and the Seattle Foundation augments some contributions with its Dollars for Change program, which will wind up funding a total of $250,000 in additional gifts.
Organizations supported by KIRO 7 CARES taking part in GIVEBIG include:
- American Lung Association
- American Rivers
- Benaroya Research Institute
- Cancer Pathways
- Humane Society of Seattle/King County
- JDRF Seattle
- King County Library System Foundation
- Lupus Foundation of America
- Make-a-Wish of Alaska and Washington
- Medical Teams International
- Mountains to Sound Greenway Trust
- Pride Foundation
- Puget Soundkeeper Alliance
- Seafair Foundation
- Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation
- Seattle City Club
- Seattle Men’s Chorus/Seattle Women’s Chorus
- The Trust for Public Land
- WAVE Foundation
More news from KIRO 7
- Seattle unions, workers to rally in favor and against head tax
- Police: Pit bull attacks Jehovah's Witnesses at front door
- Man shot and killed in West Seattle; suspect at large
- Nurse accused of stealing drugs, possibly infecting patients with Hepatitis C speaks publicly
- Mother's Day 2018: Which restaurants offer moms deals or freebies?
© 2019 Cox Media Group.