The Department of Fish and Wildlife said Tuesday the attacks occurred in Ferry County and were conducted by wolves from the Old Profanity Territory pack.
The agency has already killed one member of the pack, and says it will continue efforts to kill more to stop the depredations.
Some environmental groups are outraged by the wolf hunt.
The Center for Biological Diversity tried unsuccessfully to block the hunt in court, saying that killing wolves ignores science and goes against the wishes of many in the state.
Wolves have come into conflict with ranchers since moving back into the state early this century.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Recall issued for ground beef sold at Safeway, Target, Sam's Club, death reported
- Caught on video: Three burglars ransack four floors of DSHS offices
- Bellingham Fire Department officers on leave after training on dead body
- Auburn clerk who collapsed during robbery is back home; search for suspects continues
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.