For four days, starting Nov. 7, McDonald's will feature a special limited-edition Surprise Happy Meal that will include popular iconic toys from the last 40 years.
Between Nov. 7 and Nov. 11, every purchase of a Happy Meal will include one of 15 popular toys from decades past at participating locations.
The promotion will come four days after National Sandwich Day. There has been a recent increase in gimmicks by fast-food restaurants. Chick-fil-A tried to get in on the National Sandwich Day celebration before it was reminded the day fell on a Sunday when the fast-food chicken sandwich store is closed.
Popeyes' sold-out chicken sandwich will be returning Sunday to coincide with National Sandwich Day.
And McDonald's chief burger rival, Burger King, introduced plant-based Impossible Whoppers earlier this year.
Here is the full list of toys McDonald's is offering for its Surprise Happy Meal:
- Furby - Hasbro - 1999
- Grimace - McDonald's - 1990
- Hamburger Changeable - McDonald's - 1989
- Hamburglar - McDonald's - 1995
- Hello Kitty - Sanrio - 2013
- Mail Carrier McNugget - McDonald's - 1988
- McDonald's Hot Wheels Thunderbird - Mattel - 1993
- My Little Pony - Hasbro - 1998
- Patti the Platypus - Ty Beanie Baby - 1997
- Power Rangers - Hasbro - 1995
- Space Jam Bugs Bunny - Warner Brothers - 1996
- Tamagotchi - Bandai - 1998
"Parents tell us how fondly they recall their favorite toys. So, unboxing the Surprise Happy Meal together creates a real moment of bonding with their children. We hope these toys are something that they will treasure and remember," McDonald's senior vice president, Colin Mitchell, told USA Today.
The first McDonald's Happy Meal was first introduced in the summer of 1979. Roughly 1 of every 4 orders is a Happy Meal, according to data provided to CNN.
Cox Media Group