BUCKLEY, Wash. - A man found dead inside a Buckley house after a fire swept through has been identified as 70-year-old Steven Rhoades.
The fire was reported about 1:20 a.m. Monday in the 400 block of Rosewood Drive.
City firefighters found the home engulfed in flames and worked to quickly douse the blaze.
Crews found Rhoades’ body inside once the fire was extinguished.
The Pierce County Medical Examiner’s Office has not yet determined the cause of death.
More news from KIRO 7
- AirPods, other wireless headphones could pose cancer risk, scientists warn
- Family claims Pierce County medical examiner should not have ruled son's death a suicide
- 2 men die after falling through icy pond in Whatcom County
- Operation Varsity Blues: 5 things to know about the college cheating scandal
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The News Tribune