SEATTLE — The King County Medical Examiner said two women whose bodies were found in a University District apartment in Seattle died in a murder-suicide.
Both women died from stab wounds.
Officers were called to the Malloy apartments in the 4300 block of 15th Avenue Northeast near the University of Washington campus Tuesday after building managers did a welfare check at a unit in the building.
The women were identified Thursday as 25-year-old Kornkamol Leenavarat and her close friend Thiti-orn Chotchuangsap. The Thai students had arrived in the U.S. a few weeks ago.
The Medical Examiner said Leenawarat’s cause of death was multiple stab wounds and the manner of death was homicide. Chotechuangsab died from a self-inflicted stab wound to the chest.
The Bangkok Post identified Leenavarat as a member of a political family in Thanyaburi, in Pathum Thani Province northeast of Bangkok. She was the daughter of the former deputy mayor and niece of the current mayor.
She was studying for a master's degree in law.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
More news from KIRO 7
- Homeowners confront burglary suspects
- iPhone 8 recall: What you need to know, how to get your phone fixed
- Lovin' it: Fake McDonald's poster hangs in Texas restaurant for 50 days
- Skateboarder Cory Kennedy sentenced to four years in prison after killing friend in DUI crash
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2020 Cox Media Group