A man who lives at an Auburn apartment complex found the American flag he’d been flying from his truck for the Memorial Day weekend had been set on fire and his truck damaged.
Allen Tullar said tenants are not allowed to fly flags at his apartment complex, so he was flying one on his truck instead.
But sometime between midnight and 6 a.m. Sunday, a vandal set it on fire, causing cosmetic damage to his shiny red truck. A window also cracked from the heat.
Tullar said he is proud of his country and finds the act to be extremely disrespectful, but his patriotism wasn’t stopped by the vandal. He got another flag, which is again flying from his truck Monday.
More news from KIRO 7
- Woman’s body found on Everett street, apparently dragged by driver
- Transient orcas seen feeding on gray whale south of Whidbey Island
- Uncle arrested in disappearance of 5-year-old Utah girl
- 2 dead in crash involving motorcycle on SR 503 in Clark County
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.