Shots were fired and a bullet entered a building at New Start High School near Burien Thursday afternoon.
King County Sheriff's Office officials said no one was hit or injured. Officials said a round was fired from outside of the school around 1:15 p.m. into the main administrative office. The office was occupied at the time.
One round went through a window into a cabinet and was stopped by a three-ring binder, officials said.
The school was in session and immediately went into lockdown. Police are investigating.
More news from KIRO 7:
- US Attorney General Jeff Sessions to end policy that let legal pot flourish
- Earthquake swarm hits near Mount St. Helens
- Tacoma brewery owner speaks out after internet backlash over hateful statements
- Washington state sues Motel 6 for sharing guest lists with ICE
- Possible landslide at Rattlesnake Ridge in Yakima County causes evacuations
Cox Media Group