Two people were killed and two other victims were injured Wednesday after police said a gunman randomly started shooting in the Sand Point neighborhood of North Seattle.
This is a timeline of the events and details about the suspect and victims, compiled Wednesday evening with information from Seattle Police, Seattle Fire, King County Metro, the King County Executive's Office, dispatch times and footage from Chopper 7 overhead.
- Shortly after 4 p.m., police said the shooter approached a driver near Sand Point Way Northeast and Bartlett Avenue Northeast. The suspect shot the woman driver, critically injuring her.
- After the woman was shot, police said the suspect walked into the street and fired at a Metro bus going southbound. The driver was on Route No. 75, which was going south on Sand Point Way Northeast to the University District.
- The driver was shot. Twelve passengers were on board, but none were hit.
- The bus driver, Eric Stark, turned the bus around and drove north and into Lake City away from the gunman.
- The bus driver stopped the bus at 32nd Ave Northeast and Northeast 125th Street.
- The first medics were dispatched at 4:06 p.m.
- Police said the suspect, back near Northeast 123rd Street and Sand Point Way Northeast, approached a red Toyota Prius and fatally shot the man driving.
- Police first contacted the suspect at Northeast 123rd Street and Sand Point Way Northeast, but investigators said he sped away in the victim's Prius.
- The suspect collided with another vehicle near Northeast 120th Street and Sand Point Way Northeast, killing the driver, investigators said.
- That's where police contacted the suspect again and arrested him at 4:34 p.m. He was later identified as 33-year-old Tad Norman. The video of that scene, recorded by Chopper 7 overhead, is below.
The woman driver critically injured near Northeast
Street and Sand Point Way Northeast, Deborah Judd,
is 56, according to
Medical Center. As of Wednesday morning, she was in satisfactory condition. Judd teaches second grade. %
- The bus driver, Eric Stark, is 53, authorities said. He's worked with Metro since 2012, an agency spokesman said. He is also at Harborview in satisfactory condition.
- The driver fatally shot near Northeast 123rd Street and Sand Point Way Northeast was 76-year-old Bob Hassan, a retired Air Force surgeon. He leaves behind a wife, children and grandchildren.
- The man killed by the collision near Northeast 120th Street and Sand Point Way Northeast was 75-year-old Robert Lee.
- The suspect, Tad Norman, is 33-years-old. He was apprehended near Northeast 120th Street and Sand Point Way Northeast. He had minor injuries and was discharged from the hospital and into police custody Wednesday night.
More news from KIRO 7
Cox Media Group