RENTON, Wash. — The Seattle Seahawks will wear their 'Action Green' color-rush uniforms on Monday Night Football against the Minnesota Vikings.
Russell Wilson and company will sport the current version of the neon green uniforms for only the third time.
The Seahawks are 2-0 in games where they sport their color rush jerseys – beating the Los Angeles Rams 24-3 on Thursday Night Football in 2016 and beating the Arizona Cardinals 23-15 on Thursday Night Football in 2017.
After the release of the uniforms in 2016, wide receiver Doug Baldwin told Seahawks.com, "It shows that we’re different... We’re a different team. We’re a different animal. When you put on this jersey, when you put on these colors, you represent the Seattle Seahawks, and that means something. It’s a little bit different than what anybody else can understand, but when you put on these colors you understand it when you’re out there on the field.”
Fan versions of the 'action green' jerseys are available for purchase at all four Seahawks Pro Shop locations and online.
The (7-5) Seahawks currently hold the fifth seed in the NFC Playoff picture and will take on the Minnesota Vikings (6-5-1) who currently hold the sixth seed in the NFC Playoff picture.
Kickoff on Monday Night is scheduled for 5:15 p.m.
More news from KIRO 7
- NHL coming to Seattle: Board approves expansion team
- Two killed in SR 164 crash near Enumclaw
- Vote on tasting rooms delayed, wineries opening in Maltby
- Misuse of money, sexual exploitation, among allegations in latest lawsuit against Federal Way church
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cox Media Group