KING COUNTY, Wash. - Two people were killed and three others injured in a violent crash early Tuesday around 1 a.m. on State Route 164 near 196th Avenue Southeast, just west of Enumclaw.
A Kia Spectra carrying four people struck a Ford F150 pickup.
Troopers say the pickup was heading eastbound on SR 164 when it was hit head-on by the westbound Kia that lost control and crossed into the eastbound lanes.
The two backseat passengers of the car were ejected. Of the four people who where in the car, two died at the scene and two others were hospitalized. The driver of the pickup truck, the only occupant in the vehicle, was also hospitalized.
The Washington State Patrol said speed and alcohol were factors in the crash. The 22-year-old woman who was the driver of the Kia could be charged with vehicular homicide.
A power pole was struck in the crash and lines were down in the road. The highway was closed at the scene for several hours while the lines were repaired and the State Patrol investigated.
More news from KIRO 7
- NHL coming to Seattle: Board approves expansion team
- Two killed in SR 164 crash near Enumclaw
- Vote on tasting rooms delayed, wineries opening in Maltby
- Misuse of money, sexual exploitation, among allegations in latest lawsuit against Federal Way church
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.