The case was not charged as a felony, but as a misdemeanor in Seattle Municipal Court.
"We learned from the police report that the child, thankfully, did not appear to have been injured in any way and we were told that the child received no medical treatment," said Dan Katzer, a spokesman for King County Prosecutor Dan Satterberg. "In other words, the facts of this particular case didn't support this being a felony."
More news from KIRO 7
- Amanda Knox asking for donations to pay for space-themed wedding following trip to Italy
- Canada killings: Missing men now suspects in deaths of at least 3 people
- ‘Shots fired during burglary of South Hill Mall, police say
- Homeless Seattle man accused of stabbing stranger with steak knife
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2020 Cox Media Group