MARYSVILLE, Wash. — One person was killed in a crash Sunday evening on I-5 near mile post 208 after police said a driver got on I-5 near Marysville and drove the wrong way.
Police said at 5 p.m. all lanes were blocked on southbound I-5 in the crash area.
At 6 p.m., southbound I-5 remained closed and there was no estimated time for reopening.
One person was confirmed killed, Washington State Patrol officials said.
The crash involved multiple vehicles, police said, and four separate collisions.
Police said the causing driver was arrested for DUI and there will be a vehicular homicide investigation.
More news from KIRO 7
- $1 million nationwide warrant for suspect in woman's beheading death in Washington
- Photos show thousands in SeaTac protesting immigrant family separations
- 3 children, 1 adult killed in fiery Auburn crash
- Neighbor calls police on 12-year-old boy mowing grass
- Couple accused of tying up children in garage, using choking device as severe punishment
© 2020 Cox Media Group