SEATTLE - On Saturday, 144 at-risk dogs and cats arrived at Boeing Field in Seattle to find their forever homes.
“These shelter pets are perfectly adoptable, but many (were) at-risk if they (didn’t) make this flight,” Wings of Rescue said in a news release.
Wings of Rescue was founded in 2012 and is a donation-based charity that helps transport endangered pets from overcrowded shelters and disaster areas shelters that have open space.
Since its inception, Wings of Rescue says it has flown 35,000 shelter pets to rescues.
More news from KIRO 7
- Criminals dropped off under Seattle overpass
- Brother of slain deputy says his death was a consequence of ignoring immigration laws
- State Democrats unveil new wealth inequality tax in Olympia
- Washington set to be 1st state with long-term care benefit
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.