KENT, Wash. — A 13-year-old boy was shot at a Kent bus stop Monday morning.
Police said the boy was shot in the bicep while he was standing at a bus stop on Pacific Highway South and Kent-Des Moines Road at 6:40 a.m. He was then found injured at the Kent-Des Moines Park & Ride at 23405 Military Rd. S. after apparently walking there.
His injuries are not life-threatening.
A witness police spoke with said they heard four to five gunshots and then saw a blue Honda hatchback with two people inside drive off.
Police do not know if the shooting is gang-related and are working to gather information on possible suspects.
More news from KIRO 7
- Bellevue mother killed in I-5 crash; baby fighting for her life
- One person shot near park & ride in Kent
- Strong storm system moving into Western Washington, promising heavy rain and winds
- Family wants $15M after man's body used for medical practice
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
Cox Media Group