• 93-year-old rancher dies in Snohomish house fire

    Updated:

    SNOHOMISH, Wash. - Firefighters say a 93-year-old man died in a house fire in Snohomish.

    Crews were called to the home in the 16000 block of Roosevelt Road at 4:20 a.m. Tuesday for a report of a fire with a person trapped inside the home.  It was reported that there was fire coming from the TV. 

    Two Snohomish County Sheriff's deputies, who arrived at the home first, tried to enter the home but were overwhelmed by smoke.

    When firefighters arrived, they found heavy smoke coming from the house and worked to quickly get inside to search for occupants. They found the victim, removed him from the home and started CPR, but he could not be revived.
     
    Additional firefighters worked to gain control of the fire. There was heavy smoke damage throughout the home. 
     
    Family members of the victim, 93-year-old Glen Allen, said the couple was awake when the fire was sparked somewhere near their TV.

    Allen's wife got out of the house, but said her husband went to get a flashlight and never came outside.
     
    Pat Sage lives nearby and would regularly see Allen out with his cows.

    Allen's grandson said his grandfather was a longtime Snohomish County rancher who spent decades as the yard manager of the Marysville Livestock Auction.
     
    Relatives said the World War II veteran was in pretty good health for his age.
     
     
     

    Stories trending on KIRO 7

    Colton Harris-Moore: Barefoot bandit is 'not who I am'
    Hit-and-run vehicular homicide suspect has history of DUIs
    Download the KIRO 7 News app for breaking news alerts
    'Severely impaired' pilot found passed out drunk in cockpit 
    Utah dad shares video of 2-year-old saving twin brother from fallen dresser

    Next Up: