TACOMA, Wash. — Tacoma police say a 22-year-old man accidentally shot himself in the leg Sunday evening while inside a Chuck E. Cheese in Tacoma, sending people inside into a panic.
Witnesses KIRO 7 spoke with at the location on Tacoma Mall Boulevard said they feared the worst.
"He must have pulled out the gun or something because everyone just started scattering and running different directions and I was just frantically trying to get my kids unbuckled from the ride," said witness Alex Weitz.
"Everyone was panicking, running, screaming, grabbing kids left and right, kids were jumping behind machines, hiding, trying to figure out what was going on," said Joanna Emmanouilidis.
Witnesses say after the shooting, staff came around to make sure everyone was OK and that all the kids were accounted for.
The restaurant stayed open and business continued as usual.
The man is believed to have gone to the hospital. There will not be any charges and so the man's name will not be released. Police said the man did have a concealed weapons permit.
No one else was hurt.
More news from KIRO 7
- Man suspected of sexually assaulting a young girl in Edmonds grocery store
- Family in Orting asking for help after house broken into twice
- $2.5M bond for Border Patrol agent in killings of 4 in Texas
- Dams powered Tacoma but killed off salmon runs. 92 years later the fish are back
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
Cox Media Group