AUBURN, Wash. - A box truck loaded with packages caught fire along SR 167 in Auburn Friday morning.
Washington Department of Transportation cameras showed the 25-foot box truck engulfed in flames on the shoulder of the southbound lanes near 15th Street Southwest at about 5:15 a.m.
The truck, owned by a third-party company, was carrying FedEx packages to be taken to the US Postal Service. Driver Omar Zaretd said all of the packages were ruined by either fire or water.
He said he pulled over when he heard the truck making a noise he hadn't heard before.
"Honestly, I thought it was going to blow up, but I guess that only happens in the movies," he joked.
Zaretd said when he got out of the truck he saw smoke and then flames quickly engulfed the truck.
The truck's cab was destroyed.
Two right lanes were blocked while a fire crew put out the flames. The driver was not hurt.
Watch video of the fire from a WSDOT camera below.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Small plane's emergency landing on Pierce County street caught on camera
- Wildfire causes level 3 evacuation in Mason County
- Two teens aged 14 and 16 arrested and charged after violent two-week crime spree
- Woman in stolen Kent police SUV leads police on chase
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.