SEATTLE - The King County Water Taxi is out of service for up to a week starting Monday.
During the closure, the downtown Seattle terminal will be moved from the south side of Colman Dock/Pier 50 to the north side.
The temporary move is part of a larger project by the state to renovate Colman Dock.
The Water Taxi will move back to a new facility at the south end of the dock in about a year and a half.
The new Water Taxi terminal will have a weather-protected waiting area, elevators and a pedestrian bridge to the new ferry terminal.
While service is suspended this week, bus riders in both service areas can expect to see heavier-than-usual passenger loads on trips to and from downtown.
- PHOTOS: Seafair 2017: Log boom, air show & hydros
- Seafair Sunday broadcast changing to 6:30-8 p.m. on KIRO 7: Here's Why
- Woman who went from face of meth addiction to grandmother of 20 dies at 55
- Just how bad is the Puget Sound Air? This map will tell you
- VIDEO: 3-alarm fire at north Seattle apartment building
© 2018 Cox Media Group.