The photos and videos showed a man having sex with a dog. Several different dogs, in fact.
Federal probation officers recognized the man as a 34-year-old Pierce County man who’d been convicted of similar crimes in the past.
They went to the man’s house in August and confronted him.
He had only two words: “I relapsed,” according to charging papers.
He confessed to having sex with dogs for the past two months but refused to say how many.
It was not immediately clear where the man acquired the dogs who were abused.
In the man’s car, officers allegedly found lubricant, a dog muzzle and other items indicating he’d been abusing dogs.
They spoke with the man’s ex-boyfriend, who said he knew the man was again having sex with animals.
“He told police that when he engaged in sexual activity with the defendant, the defendant would encourage the ex-boyfriend’s dogs to participate and the ex would stop it,” court records say.
Prosecutors have charged the man with first-degree animal cruelty.
An arraignment date has not been set.
Click here to read the full story on the Tacoma News Tribune.
More news from KIRO 7
- Police: Woman scammed by Washington State Fair vendors who sold package to spa that doesn't exist
- Yet another blood pressure medication recalled over cancer risk
- Armed security guard who stopped bar shooting killed by responding police officer
- Shots fired at Airbnb rental in Seattle's Magnolia neighborhood
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tacoma News Tribune