Gov. Jay Inslee is announcing his proposed statewide broadband policy Wednesday morning.
The policy is expected to include changes to policies themselves and investments in infrastructure. A press release from the governor's office said that "access to quality and affordable broadband internet helps create jobs, improves public safety, access to healthcare services, and increased educational opportunities."
Watch KIRO 7's Essex Porter full report embedded above.
More news from KIRO 7
- Detectives: 3 found dead in Sammamish murder-suicide
- ‘Amazing to be alive': Woman ran off road by estranged husband speaks after coma
- Macy's closing stores at Northgate, Redmond Town Center
- Government shutdown: Pelosi asks Trump to postpone State of the Union address
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.